Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Lismore to Gympie

Hello All
I haven't done much since my last post from Lismore.
There were a few wet days, a couple of long weekends and a lot of traffic contended with.

Heading from Lismore to Ballina on the coast the rain was so heavy I had to pull over several times until it eased.
Once North of Brisbane the rain came again, with over 70mm falling coinciding with the camper battery failing.
Nearly a week was spent with friends at Cooran in the Noosa Hinterland catching up on a few maintenance tasks.
The camper battery was no longer holding charge after three and a half years and 4 million corrugations. I found a 125AH AGM deep cycle on the Sunshine Coast for $229 which I thought was reasonable.
With that now fitted and charged up, tomorrow I head to Inskip Point near Rainbow Beach to catch the Barge over to Fraser Island for a week or two.
My dilema now is high tide is currently in the middle of the day, and low tide late afternoon.
As the Beach is the road on Fraser island it is best travelled at low tide, which being late in the day leaves little time to get up the Island to camp before dusk.
Time and tide wait for no man................................. 
Bye for now
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment