Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Barmera to Ceduna

Hello all
I have survived the heat so far, but the worst is yet to come..............
I have been covering a lot of territory I have covered in previous trips, subsequently I haven't been taking many photos.


After overnighting in Port Augusta with a lovely sea breeze, I headed off to Poochera for the night.

The big galah at Kimba SA
 The Poochera Pub and Caravan Park has been purchased by Jeff and Karen, who some of you may remember from Mt Dare on the edge of the Simpson desert, or more recently have been running the Tennant Creek Caravan Park. The Pub will reopen in a few weeks and the Caravan Park is already open for business. It is no Big4 but is basic, and spotlessly clean, so if you are passing by drop in and support these lovely people.
 Tonight I am at Ceduna mentally preparing myself for the days ahead...............Friday's forecast is 44c dropping to 25c overnight and Saturday 44c, with 28c overnight.......that's warm!

The video above is of Ceduna foreshore. I will probably head to Cactus Beach or Fowlers Bay tomorrow before heading across the Nullabour.
Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment