Saturday, February 7, 2015

Traralgon to Barmera (SA) on the road again

Hello all.
After about a five week break in Gippsland it was time to head West.
Gippsland has had a very mild summer (I believe it was a Wednesday! ) when it hit the high 30's but the rest of the time had me looking for warmer clothes.
This all changed the day after I left.........
Well 11 months and 1 day after leaving to head up to the Gulf and Cape York the new adventure began.

Night one was spent in Macedon, a cool night but warm weather forecast ahead, just how warm was another question! I arrived in Kerang to 37c, then Mildura where I slowly started to cook alive.

From there the road ahead doesn't get any cooler.......I am currently in Barmera (SA) slowly melting.

There looks to be no respite ahead either, Port Augusta is forecast 42c, the only break will be Ceduna with quite mild low 30's forecast.
I think I might be spending a few days there to rehydrate!!
Looking ahead towards Kalgoorlie, 44c forecast later in the week for my arrival.
This together with finding out that a lot of the National Parks in lower WA, and as high as Kalbari are closed,  either from fires or Rangers being reassigned to fight the fires does nothing for my plans.
What I wouldn't do for a beach and a sea breeze right now..........
The good news is the solar modifications I made are working a treat, even in these sort of temperatures and are keeping the battery well charged and the fridge and freezer going.
They are both working pretty hard in this heat.
I will update again shortly, when I have a few photos, at the moment it's too bloody hot to get out of the vehicle 😤
Bye for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment