Sunday, March 29, 2015

Perth to Geraldton

Hello all
After a lovely 10 days or so in Perth staying with friends, it was good to get back in the camper and head North. I had forgotten just how beautiful Perth is, having spent nearly 10 years there between 1990 and 2000.
First stop was Lancelin, where there is a massive sand blow, with off road dune driving permitted.
Lancelin dunes
Lancelin dunes


I have driven the Brand Highway a few times before, so this time I chose the Indian Ocean Drive along the coast.

W
Lancelin sand dunes
After a stormy night at Lancelin I continued North to Nambung National Park, commonly known as Pinnacles Desert.


Pinnacles

Pinnacles
Pinnacles
Pinnacles



The Pinnacles are formed by calcified tree roots exposed by the shifting sands. I hope to get through Kalbari before the Easter Madness begins.
There are a couple of station stays around Shark Bay where I hope to hide from the crowds.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment