Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Kakadu, Gunlom Falls and back to Darwin

Hello all
After Ubirr I headed down to Gumlom, this place is stunning and really impressed me when I came here in 2011. Last year it was still closed, as it was early in the season, so I had to miss coming in again.

Gunlom (Waterfall Creek)
 I pulled into Mardugul Campsite adjacent to Cooinda in Kakadu and made camp. My neighbours were Steve and Karen. In June 2014, at Bramwell Roadhouse, on the way to Cape York, I camped with them, and then again in September 2014, at Inskip Point. 
It really is a small world........

Steve and Karen at Gunlom
 So, still being school holidays in the Northern Territory, I started the climb to the top of Waterfall Creek along with about 60 or 70 of my close friends....................

top of Gunlom
Gunlom
plunge pool below Gunlom
Gunlom
camp from the top of Gunlom
The road in was in a lot better condition than 2011, but still has it's fair share of corrugations.

The new suspension definitely rides better over the corrugations, with a lot less bump and thump going on.

Below Gunlom Falls
looking towards the falls from camp
Unfortunately the gas jets in my fridge are once again blocked. This means another trip back to Darwin to get it looked at. I decided to cut back along the Old Jim Jim Road.



So here I am in Darwin again, fridge fixed, and tomorrow I will start heading out to the Douglas-Daly region.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment