Monday, August 3, 2015

Darwin to Alice Springs

Hello all
From Darwin I headed basically straight down to Alice Springs. I have accepted a job there for a while to top up the bank balance.
With Rego renewal, insurance, and new tyres looming very soon, the bank balance was needing a top up.
Travelling is a very expensive pass time, every time you pull up in a town, supermarket and fuel alone leave you $200-300 poorer. 
Everyone wants a slice of the pie, every way you turn someone has their hand out.
Entry fees, camping fees, van parks, supermarket, fuel, tours, new battery, vehicle service... the list goes on............  
There were a few places I would have liked to stay a while at, but unfortunately I was time limited.

Longreach Waterhole near Elliott
 With below zero temperatures still happening in Alice I wasn't in too much of a hurry to subject myself to those.................

Longreach Waterhole
 On the way down South, one of my overnighters was Banka Banka Station, where they had the cutest pet Donkey.
Pet Donkey at Banka Banka
Banka Banka
I am now in Alice Springs for a while, and mostly I am chilled to the bone...............the first morning working was -1c, the second morning was -2c and thats when my vehicle battery decided to call it quits. 

Standing around in those sort of temperatures trying to jump start the ute is not my idea of fun. Friday and Saturday made up for it though with 27c and 30c
The mornings are still cool though. 
During the time I am here I will do updates on the things to see and do around Alice Springs.
There are so many great places around here and I plan to spend quite a few weekends exploring the area, so stick with me, there will be updates but probably not so often for a while.
Bye for now.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Baz! we will be heading your way in about six weeks. Would love you to write up a post on best caravan park to stay at in Alice!
    Love reading your blog and glad you head over and read mine, at least I know someone is!!!!!!
    hope all is going well. might be able to catch up for a chat if you around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi shantelle, i thought you would be heading across the nullabour?
      it will be crazy here over the next few weeks
      henley on todd this weekend (boat races on a dry river bed) and in a week or two is the trucking hall of fame reunion and they expect between 5000 and 10000 visitors, the place is packed already lol.
      i always read you blog and always get a chuckle from it
      email me bazmelb@gmail.com and i will give you the rundown on parks in alice
      travel safe baz

      Delete