Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Lakeland and Atherton Tablelands to Mount Surprise

Hello all
I repeat my statement from the last post...............AAhhhhh Queensland beautiful one day rain for the next eight days.....................
Since my last post it has rained in some form nearly every day.
After leaving Lakeland I headed down the hill to Cairns to Vote as I have no idea where I will be on Election day.
The upshot from all this is I did find a gem of a place to hang, for a few days while trying to shake off a dose of the Flu.

Granite Gorge
 I have stayed at the Rodeo grounds at Mareeba several times over the years $18/night powered site but have found it not very friendly and pretty barren and windswept.
Granite Gorge is 12km out of town, excellent TV and phone reception, views over the countryside good amenities and friendly all for $16 per night powered site.

rock wallabies at Granite Gorge
 On top of this there were semi tame Rock Wallabies everywhere, Geese, Chooks and Peacocks..........a great place for kids.

Rock Wallaby at Granite Gorge
Granite Gorge
I enjoyed my few days there while recuperating from my Flu.


Granite Gorge
 With the weather being unkind I didn't get a lot of photo opportunities without fog or rain.

Millaa Millaa Falls
 As I descended the Western side of the Atherton Tablelands the skies cleared to beautiful sunshine, the first I had seen in over a week.

I have now started my trek across the Gulf Country away from the maddening crowds of school holidays.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment