Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bowen to Yeppoon

Hello all
Since Bowen I am heading South reluctantly.......nights are getting cooler as are the days. I an not enjoying theses 21-22c days and cold nights one bit after a few months of hot days and warm nights. I have even had to dig out an extra blanket for the bed!

I liked Airlie Beach, it had a good feeling to it, not overly spectacular but felt good. Unfortunately at $40/night and no free camping I didn't stay as long as I would have liked. I have found the whole coast pretty expensive, and not very inviting to staying longer.

After moving down to Sarina, I found more greed. A quite nice park but they just kept cramming them in. By nightfall I was close to descending under the next person's awning to exit the steps on the rear of my Camper and was blocked at the front. Thank God there wasn't a Fire! 

The run from Sarina down to Rockhampton was pretty dull, with not much to be seen, which was good as all eyes were needed on the road. I have found the truck drivers becoming more aggressive. I used the UHF to tell one driver "how the hell do you expect me to pull over when safe, to let you past when you are sitting so #$%$$#### close you can't possibly see my indicators............." there was silence from the radio and he backed off.
I have ordered a new intergrated Sat Nav/media player/ bluetooth for the ute and that has arrived in Hervey Bay ready for me. I will update more on that when I have it fitted.
Upon studying the maps here in Yeppoon (in the rain) I can see no simple way of seeing what I want to see without doubling back. So this means I will head straight down the highway to Hervey Bay for a week or so and get my new Media System Fitted and catch up with my Cousins there and also Kevin and Tanya at Palomino RV who are keen to see how their product has held up under the punishment I have given it.
After a break at Hervey Bay, I hope the nights have warmed enough for me to tackle Carnarvon Gorge and the Roma area.
Bye for now  


No comments:

Post a Comment