Sunday, August 10, 2014

Ilfracombe to Bowen

Hello all
After a pretty cool night in Ilfracombe (6c) I headed off to Barcaldine.

Barcaldine is the site of the 1891 shearers strike, and it was under the Tree of Knowledge that a deal was brokered, ending the strike.

Tree of Knowledge
This led to the formation of the Australian Labor Party, in 2006 it was Classified as a significant site, in the same year (2006) it was poisoned by round up by persons unknown, and died. the stump is now protected from the elements by a grotesque structure.

Tree of Knowledge
2006 also marks the LAST good idea or policy the Australian Labor Party had............and the poisoning also affected all the Leadership Team. As you may have guessed I, as an Australian, am ashamed of the debacle we have been subjected to over the last few years by this bunch of clowns................enough said, my opinion..............moving on.

Artesian Hotel Barcaldine
I am now in 'transit mode' back towards Townsville to pick up the Coast where I left to head for Isa.
I will be heading back through this area after Townsville, so am skipping lots with the plans of a slow trip back through and spend a lot more time exploring. I have a parcel arriving in Townsville and the Ute is due for a service, so I plan on a few days with the camper off to run around town.

There will be a bit of covering the same ground twice but after six months and over 20,000km it is inevitable for this to happen. I am currently in Bowen for an overnighter and will head to Townsville tomorrow.
Bye for now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment