Monday, December 8, 2014

Cooma to Far South Coast then over to Tumut

Hello all
I left Cooma after a good hailstorm and stormy night, and dropped down Brown Mountain to Bega.

I headed for Walaga Lake Park, near Bermagui for the night. My parents had a caravan here for many years, so I spent many a Christmas and holiday at this park from the early 80's. It was good to spend the night there and reflect.

Wallaga Lake park
 It had been a few years since I have done anything on the Far South Coast, so I decided to check out Merimbula and Eden whilst in the area.

Bermagui
 After a few days around the area it was back up the hill to Jindabyne. While still undecided where to head............I love driving the Barry Way down along the Snowy River, but I had never been to Tumut. Tumut won, luckily...............the night after I left Jindabyne they had massive storms with up to 100mm of rain, and the Snowy River in flood, the weather Gods must have been watching over me. When I arrived at 3 Mile Dam Camping area at Kiandra a massive lightning storm raged around me so I decided to head down to Tumut,

At times the rain was so heavy I had to pull over and wait for it to lighten.
There are numerous times, when on a trip like this that you think to yourself...........have I forgotten anything? What else should I have packed?
The other day at camp, it dawned on me when I looked across at my neighbours camp.............I forgot my Golf Buggy.................yep Golf Buggy.

With the weather starting to settle, I am heading to the Upper Murray for a few days, then up over Bogong High Plains to Omeo.
 Bye for now..............
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment