Sunday, April 6, 2014

Yulara to Erldunda (it's raning on the Rock)

Hello all,
After a 33c day yesterday, it started raining this morning, and to make things interesting a Flood Warning has just been issued for west of Alice.......exactly where I am headed!


After packing up using my umbrella I headed out to see Ayres Rock and the Olgas. I have been here numerous times before, so it was only a quick visit. This was helped by the fact it was $42/night at Yulara Campground plus $25 entry fees. I was, to say the least disappointed. There used to be a separate area for Tour Groups and School Groups but this time 3 bus loads of school kids were in the main Campground.........you should have seen the state of the amenities after they had been through, and at $42/night was far from good enough.

raining on the Rock
a wet Ayres Rock
a wet truck and rock
waterfalls on Ayres Rock
waterfalls on Ayres Rock
Ayres Rock
waterfalls and clouds on Ayres Rock
waterfalls on Ayres Rock
Ayres Rock
cloud over Ayres Rock
I headed out to The Olgas which were also shrouded in low cloud.

The Olgas
The Olgas
The Olgas
The forecast is for quite a bit of rain over the next couple of days in thunderstorms, so I plan to sit here at Erldunda for a day or so, catch up with some laundry and see what the weather does. My next planned stop is Rainbow Valley but that is on 22km of unsealed road, so I have to consider if I am going to wait for the weather or give it a miss.

Bye for now...........
 

No comments:

Post a Comment