Monday, July 7, 2014

Cape york to Weipa

Hello all
Leaving my nephew and crew to head off to Vrilya beach, I headed to Alau Beach Campground at Umagico to chill for a day or two and get some laundry done. Having stayed at Punsand Bay, Seisia and Umagico during my stay up here, in my opinion Umagico is the pick of the bunch cheaper and nowhere near as crowded. 

 I was not looking forward to the trip back along the PDR, the road itself is not a problem, as I have driven much worse..........it was the imbecile idiot other drivers travelling at warp speed, overloaded and overtaking dangerously.
A special mention to the FOOL in the white Ford Territory who overtook me at warp speed showering me in rocks and dust. I hope you read this you tosser YOU ARE A PRIZE WINNING IDIOT.
Arriving at the Jardine ferry to a line of 29 vehicles in front I prepared for a wait, as the Ferry shuts from 12-1.00pm for lunch and it was now after 11.00am.

Alau Beach at Umagico
The 29 vehicles ahead in the line for the ferry
I settled in for a wait, not expecting to get across before lunch break, but still they came with vehicles behind me as far as you could see.


looking back up the road
   I managed to get across at 11.50am, luckily and headed off down the road. I had a stop at Branwell Roadhouse to transfer some fuel, then continued on to Moreton Telegraph Station for the night. I set up next to a Palomino brother.............a new SS1251 owned by David and Karen from Cairns. The evening was spent comparing notes..............next day it was off to Weipa.

After settling in my nephew, and crew arrived a little later in the day. Tomorrow they head off to drive the Frenchmans Track while I head down towards Coen. In a few days we hope to catch up again around Cooktown somewhere.
Bye for now..................
 

No comments:

Post a Comment