Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cooktown to Cairns via The Bloomfield Track and Cape Tribulation

Hello all
After leaving Cooktown it was off to the Lions Den Hotel on the way to the Bloomfield Track.


I had heard stories of how steep the Bloomfield Track was, so I was a bit apprehensive leaving the Lions Den.

large croc on the Bloomfield River
same croc without zoom lens......he was a whopper
The Bloomfield Track was steep and I could feel the camper pushing me on the downhill sections, but was completed fairly easily. I was concentrating on the track that much I forgot to take any photos! It would have been a different story after rain. Next was a couple of nights at Cape Tribulation.


Cape Tribulation
where the rainforest meets the reef

 I am now back in Cairns waiting for a parcel to arrive...........while here I plan to do the Kuranda Railway and Cable car, so I will update again after that.
When I finish here in Cairns I plan to head to Paronella Park then towards Townsville.
Bye for now....................
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment