Sunday, May 4, 2014

Alice Springs to Tennant Creek

Hello All,
Since my last post I have continued my trek Northward. The weather was beginning to get a bit cool in Alice with nights down to 6-9c and days 18-23c. I had spent a few days short of a month in and around Alice, so it was time to move on.


The scenery along this section is not great and apart from a few sections through the ranges and the Devil's Marbles is mostly a transit section.

Aileron Man
 I had planned to overnight at Ti Tree but with about 20 camp dogs roaming all over the place I decided to continue on.
 
Aileron Woman and Child
I pressed on to Barrow Creek, where Wikicamps listed a campground, buggered if I could find it.......

Barrow Creek Historic Telegraph Repeater Station
 So it was onwards to Whycliffe Well, the UFO capital of Australia.

looks more like the Incedible Hulk than an Alien to me...
Whycliffe Well
Yes, that is a chicken on the front entry to the Bar/Shop, but while there I did find Elvis.......


Elvis is at Whycliffe Well
Whycliffe Well
After a short drive I arrived at The Devil's Marbles, I had hoped to spend a sunset here, but not realising I was so close, I stayed at Whycliffe arriving at the Marbles at 10.00am. I decided to push on as it was still very early.


The cold nights haven't started here yet as the flies were still thick, these are little flies which don't take no for an answer, the get in behind your glasses and in your ears and a wave of the hand makes no difference.


the Devil's Marbles
Devil's Marbles
the Devil's Marbles


It was straight forward run to Tennant Creek from here. I haven't decided what to do tomorrow yet, I may stay here another night, it is about 350k to Daly Waters Pub my next "must do" I will study the maps later.
Bye for now...............

No comments:

Post a Comment