Monday, May 19, 2014

Darwin To Adelaide River (Including Litchfield National Park)

Hello all, 
On arrival in Darwin it was time to organise a few things. Get the free tyre rotate and balance, since the new tyres were fitted, and get the Ute serviced.

Darwin from East Point
  The Wet has forgotten to end up here for this Victorian, after nearly a week of 34c and 50% humidity days and 24C and 92% humidity nights I felt like a damp sponge............
All task complete it was time to flee South to try to get some sleep at night (no aircon in camper)
So off to Litchfield I headed with the Aircon in the Ute full blast.


Wangi Falls
Wangi Falls
Litchfield was the busiest place I have been so far, but it was a weekend and Litchfield is only a bit over an hour from Darwin, so I assume a lot were locals. I did spend some time trying to evict the Gecko that had decided to make the camper home.


Tolmer Falls
Florence Falls
Florence Falls
At 35c I wasn't about to descend the 135 steps to the bottom or the climb back up.


\

Florence Falls
 Getting away from the crowds at Litchfield I headed to Mt Bundy Station at Adelaide River for a few nights. Major laundry was done and spent the rest of the day in the pool.

Mt Bundy Station
Mt bundy Station
Camp at Mt Bundy Station
It was here that I had my first major issue............upon getting something for dinner from the freezer I discovered my Waeco Freezer had died............with probably $120 worth for spoiled frozen foods. While I am glad this happened here and not 400km from the nearest shop, it meant turning around and heading back to Darwin to see if I can get it repaired, or replace it. Well here I am back in Darwin $120 of frozen food poorer and $330 fridge repairs poorer. 

All is well now so tomorrow I am going to head towards Katherine again to escape the humidity. The Savannah Way awaits.............
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment