Saturday, November 15, 2014

Bellingen to Armidale (The Waterfall Way)

Hello all
After sitting in Bellingen for 2 days waiting for the rain to clear, I headed up the hill to The Waterfall Way.





First stop was Griffiths Lookout, on a clear day you can see over 100km to the coast.




I contiued up to Dorrigo, and Dangar Falls for a look.
Dangar Falls
Dangar Falls
Dorrigo is a pretty little settlement but not very stay friendly. There was a campground adjacent to Dangar Falls which felt a bit creepy and the only caravan park in town wanted $30/night and for that you have to pay extra for showers.........suffice to say there was only one caravan in that park, so I pushed on.
Next stop was Ebor Falls, just outside the little hamlet of Ebor.

Ebor Falls



Looking downstrean at Ebor Falls
The countryside right through here reminds me very much of the Snowy Mountains and the Victorian High Country but 20c warmer. The altitude reflects this with a lot of this area between 1000m and 1500m above sea level.
With the promise of a cool night I headed to Thungutti Campground in the New England National Park.
After a quiet night in a full campground I headed to Point Lookout.

Walking track to Point Lookout
 Point Lookout overlooks the World Heritage listed Gonwona Rainforest Wilderness area.

Point Lookout
Point Lookout
From Point Lookout I headed to Woolomombi Falls, my map says these are the highest in Australia a title also claimed by Wallaman Falls in Queensland



Woolomombi Gorge and Falls
While impressive I think Little River Gorge and Falls in Victoria is ever bit as good.


I ended up in Armidale where it topped 38c today.........I want to see Tamworth as it was probably the early 80's when I was last there but today was 40c there.........so tomorrow I am having a laundry day and waiting for it to cool a little.
After Tamworth the plan is to head towards Glouster and Barrington Tops
Stay tuned.....bye for now.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment