Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tweed Heads to Brunswick Heads via Nimbin

Hello all,
I am playing catch up on my blog after the flu and browser hijacker problems, so another post to try and catch up.
Leaving the Gold Coast behind I headed South towards Murwillumbah.


I wanted to have a look at Nimbin, an alternative lifestyle town.............I could think of other more fitting descriptions.........................After over 8 months on the road I can honestly say that Nimbin is one of the very few places I didn't feel safe or comfortable.


Upon walking up one side of the shopping precinct and down the other, a distance of a couple of hundred metres, I was asked 3 times if I wanted to buy drugs....................all within view of the Police Station in the middle of the day!
The place is full of Ferals and unfortunately also attracts a lot of younger people and backpackers, all seeking easy access to illegal drugs. In my opinion the whole place needs to be burnt to the ground.
The area surrounding Nimbin also has the worst infestations of Noxious weeds and Lantana  I have seen anywhere. So much for the "save the planet " types and the "organic and natural only".................stop smoking so much "hooch" and pull up a few lantana and weeds is my advice.

 Not wanting to stay here any longer than necessary I headed towards Brunswick Heads for a couple of days.
Over the next few days I plan to head down to Byron Bay and Lismore.
Sometime this month I also need to do my 2 year Review on the Ute and Camper
Stay tuned.
Bye for now
 

No comments:

Post a Comment