Monday, November 3, 2014

Brisbane, Gold Coast and surrounds

Hello all
I haven't posted for a while and I will explain the reasons during this post.
Leaving Woodford, I headed towards Toowoomba, the weather forecast wasn't great so I decided to head out to Goondiwindi and the Artesian Springs.

With the inland temperatures hovering around the low 30's a couple of days were spent in the warm Artesian Spas.
The weather cleared, so I headed back towards Toowoomba, only to come down with the worst flu I can remember..........................I slept for 3 days, only getting out of bed to go to the toilet and hardly ate anything for nearly a week.
Over 2 weeks later and I am still not completely over it, but getting better slowly. In the middle of all this I copped a browser hijacker on my laptop..............so with my head not great and not wanting to lose anything on my laptop, it took me a while to feel well enough to tackle the browser hijacker.
These are the reasons for the long time between posts.


I headed down the hill to Brisbane feeling pretty rotten...........so combined with a record breaking October heat wave things weren't real flash.


I had planned to go across to Lamb Island, off Redland Bay, to catch up with Barb and Ian, a lovely couple I camped with at Three Mile Dam in the Snowy Mountains last Christmas, but a hot day, a howling wind and still feeling like crap I just couldn't stomach the ferry ride. So with apologies to Barb and Ian I headed South.
Barb and Ian are heading to Tassie at Christmas, so I hope we are able to cross paths somewhere south when they hit the road.




I spent a few days in and around the Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise before wandering down to Tweed Heads.

I haven't even had the camera out, as I don't really think suburbia is very photogenic. I am going to head out to Nimbin for a look so keep tuned. I am feeling better so I hope to get the camera out and update a bit more regularly as I wander South.
Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barry, glad you're ok, was starting to worry about you! Hope you manage to enjoy the rest of your journey. We are heading to Yarrawonga for a week at the end of the month, it will be good to get the van out, hopefully next year we will be a bit more adventurous and have more time. Regards Chris and Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Chris and Nicki. I am feeling better as every day passes but I wouldn't wish that flu on my worst enemy.
      Enjoy Yarrawonga.

      Delete