Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Lithgow to Berry via The Blue Mountains

Hello all
I sweated it out in Lithgow and had a laundry day as the temperature crept towards 40c. at least here it cooled down pretty quickly once the sun set, and the nights were cool.

Hassans Lookout Lithgow
Hassans Lookout looking towards Katoomba
My plans changed after a phone call from my sister, telling me of the Victorian State Election this coming weekend.................Having been travelling since March I was totally unaware of the need to Vote. OK too late for a Postal Vote, next option...............surely there are Voting centres somewhere here.................yep you guessed it.....................right in the CBD of Sydney on the 25th floor. Bugger!!

Next plan, there is also a Voting centre in Canberra CBD, this sounds a lot better than the centre of Sydney.

So it was off over the Blue Mountains and head down the South Coast, then up Kings Highway to Canberra before Friday.
As I headed up through Victoria Pass the humidy and the heat just kept rising, and by the time I got to Penrith it was clocking 36c and 57% humidity.

Wedding Veil Falls
The Blue Mountains
I didn't spend a lot of time around Katoomba, but let's just say I was bitterly disappointed by what I saw.......................Shame Katoomba Council Shame the parking meters outnumbered the trees...............these idiotic Councils want us all to come but want to screw us when we get there..................metered parking stretched back 5 streets from the Three Sisters so there was no escape..............what must our overseas visitors think? Or maybe I am just back in civilisation and disilllusioned.

Govetts Leap
I drove through Sydney two years ago, when I bought my camper home from Hervey Bay, so I had no desire whatsoever do subject myself to Sydney traffic again. I headed over towards Woolongong and Grand Pacific Drive. Last night a massive storm just miised me but blacked out 15,000 homes in Sydney. All I copped was some good lightning and about 30 minutes of rain.

Hangliders at Stanwell Park
I headed up to Bald Hill Lookout at Stanwell Park and spent a bit of time watching the hangliders before heading down to The Sea Cliffe Bridge.

Sea Cliffe Bridge
Sea Cliffe bridge was built after the old road alond the rock face was constantly blocked by falling rocks, and now stands out from the cliff and, in parts out over the ocean.

Sea Cliffe Bridge
Visibility, after last nights storms was prett average at best.

Sea Cliffe Bridge
Sea Cliffe Bridge
Tonight I am at Berry Showgrounds, as I head down to Batemans Bay, then up the hill to Canberra to vote.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment