Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Brunswick Heads to Bellingen

Hello all
Since my last post I have finally shaken off that horrible flu and am feeling a lot better.


Leaving Byron Bay area I headed to Alstonville Showgrounds for the night. Just after dark I headed to the Ammenities for a number 1. As i got there, in the doorway was a half metre Goanna (I think) feasting on the insects attracted to the lights. On my approach it skurried inside the Mens toilets. Well I will let you know this for free...........there was no way known I was going in there............so the trees got watered instead.





After a look around Lismore I headed towards Grafton for the weekend and wait for the Post Office to open on Monday.







Now I don't usually recommend Caravan Parks but I think this one in Grafton deserves a special mention and support. The Gateway Village Caravan Park in Grafton is a lovely well designed, clean park and charges $22 per night for a powered site. This is $3 per night less than the local showgrounds. The staff are cheerful and it even has a pool. Parks like this need support. I have been in Parks nowhere near this standard who have asked anywhere up to $40 or $45 per night.







The weather has turned from hot to overcast and showers, Very hot weather is forecast for later in the week, with this in mind I headed towards Bellingen and the Waterfall Way.




I am hoping the weather clears tomorrow as I head to Dorrigo and Waterfall Country. I haven't been inspired enough by the coastal strip to get the camera out, so hopefully the Waterfall Way will inspire me enough. 
The basic plan is to head up the Waterfall Way to Armidale, then across to Tamworth.
Bye for now. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment