Saturday, November 24, 2012

Canberra to Jindabyne

Hello all
I am safely at Jindabyne, right beside the Lake and the weather is superb........
The Carillion in Lake Burley Griffin, Canberra
I spent last night at Cooma, and did an easy 60k run today to Jindy. I like area around Cooma and over to here, it varies from about 800 to 1100 metres above sea level so it reminds me of some of the High Country in Victoria - but better roads.
Unfortunately Cooma and a lot of the old towns and settlements I enjoyed has gone to the latte set. Omeo and Mansfield have gone this way also, instead of beat up old cars and four wheel drives the streets are full of BMW, Audi and Mercedes.
set up at Lake Jindabyne
the view from my window
 I have hung back a bit, as I want to watch 'All4adventure' tonight as this will be the last time I have electricity or TV reception for a little while. Tomorrow morning I head off down The Barry Way and with a week of 25-33c forecast should be brilliant. This is one of the most spectacular drives in Victoria (and a bit of NSW)
With the good weather I have stocked up pretty well with food and might stay a few more nights if the weather holds out. 
I won't have phone or internet reception until I pop out of the scrub again in Omeo, my thinking is if I find a nice spot away from people I might have a rest day and stay put an extra night.
I should have some good pictures next time.
bye for now


No comments:

Post a Comment