Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I am Still around

Hello all
I have been a bit quiet on here for a few days for a couple of reasons.....
There are no photos to post this leg mainly because the weather has been crap.
The Rain has been following me down the coast, which doesnt really make you want to get out and take photos
After three nights of 20-30mm of rain  I am finally drying out.......
I have also had a small vehicle issue which stalled me in Newcastle for two nights. I first raised the issue with the dealer in Hervey Bay, and there response was woeful to say the least. I have actually complained to the Distributor. Occasionally I would lose power, I told them what the problem was, as I had dropped into the Dealer in Dubbo as the engine fault light was coming on occasionally. They did sweet f---- all...............By the time I left Forster I had gone from easily cruising in 6th gear with 5th gear on some steep sections to struggling up hills in 3rd sometimes 2nd gear. By the time I arrived in Newcastle it was virtually undriveable. the EGR valve had come adrift and was choking the engine. I was struggling to take off at traffic lights...............
The Dealer in Newcastle was excellent and stipped a new EGR valve off a new vehicle to get me going. So today was back on the road arriving in Sydney. Scooting down the Newcastle Freeway with ease, overtaking trucks on the hills in 6th gear. Tomorrow I am having Lunch with a couple of the guys from the Toyota Help Desk in Taren Point, I have been chatting to these guys for years so it will be good to finally meet.........
Depending on what time i get away I hope to get to Canberra or somewhere along the way tomorrow night. I am trying to get to Canberra while double figures are forecast, but it is 5c tonight in Canberra......I think the camper heater might be getting a workout there....I have only work shoes twice since the 27th of October and not worn long pants since being away.... I am not looking forward to getting back to the cold weather at all.
Bye for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment