Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sydney and Canberra


hello all

After getting the vehicle was fixed it was off to Toyota Warehouse at Taren Point for Lunch. The boys at Toyota showed me all around the complex and bought me lunch to boot .......

I had been speaking to the boys up here for over 6 years at least a couple of times a week, so it was good to finally catch up.
Bondi Beach
After a long lunch with Toyota I started the trek southward, staying in Goulburn last night. under overcast skies I headed off to Canberra, the skies clearing and getting to 24c today (a Canberra heatwave.)
Lake George with water in it...it doesn't happen often
 Canberra has changed a lot in the since 1979 when I was last here.........and those people in Melbourne that think the Federation Square is ugly have never seen Parliment House............it's a shocker.
Telstra Tower at Black Mountain in Canberra
Cbd and Lake Burley Griffin
Telstra tower from the lake
ruins at Mount Stromlo

The mount Stromlo Observatory was virtually wiped out by a bushfire in 2003.
a lot of the historic buildings were lost
more ruins
 After Stomlo I went to see if I could find Donald and Daffy Duck.....
No not there.....old Parliment house
found them but they wouldn't come out.......
Well folks I must go as i need to put on every piece of clothing I have with me.....the forecast is 5c tonight. I have not worn long pants since October 27th and only worn runners twice since then.........it is going to be 26c tomorrow.
I am heading to Adaminaby, Lake Eucumbeen. for tomorrow night, then into Cooma for Saturday night. After Cooma I am heading to Jindbyne and going down the Barry Way to see that magnificent scenery once again. I never get sick of this place. Weather permitting I hope to head across the Limestone road to Omeo and home, maybe another week, maybe two.........
bye all I am off to turn on the gas as at 5c I am going to need the heater tonight.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment