Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Glasshouse Mountains



hello all
the trek south has begun, I left Hervey Bay on Monday afternoon and headed to Gympie. 
I only wanted a short day to get the feel of how the ute handled with the camper on the back.
Next stop was Beerwah at the Glasshouse Mountains, another short day which gave me a chance to do some laundry.
Glasshouse Mountains
Glasshouse Mountains
at the lookout
I stayed in a Camping Park last night out the back of Beerwah and had no Mobile reception or internet, so I am updating this from Byron Bay.
camp at Beerwah
nice place but march flies the size of small aircraft
Glasshouse Mountains are only 50k north of Brisbane, and once I got on the Motorway I didn't want to get off until I was Below the Gold Coast. I did a couple of detours but the traffic was horrible.
I am in Byron Bay now and will be continuing south at a slow pace. I want to have a look at Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie and a few other places, besides the weather I crap in Sydney at the moment so I hope it gets better by the time I get there.
bye for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment