Friday, November 30, 2012

Omeo to Home

Hello all
I left Omeo under overcast skies, but the skies soon cleared to warm the place up again. I headed up the Nunniong Road to the Mt Nugong fire tower.
From Mt Nugong fire tower
The road up on Nunniong was terrible, I don't know if it was yesterday's rain but all the road surface has been washed away from heavy rain, leaving just the rocks making the road pretty rough. I continued on to Nunniong Plain Scenic Reserve but the ground was so sodden I wasn't game to get off the main road in case I sank. There was plenty of fresh Brumby tracks around here also. It was back to Bentley Plain and Moscow Villa.
Nunniong Plain
Moscow Villa
Moscow villa was built in the early 1940's by Bill Ah Chow who was employed in the nearby Mt Nugong fire tower as a spotter. My Own Summer Cottage Officials Welcome Visitors Inside Light Lunch Available, he named it when visited by some 'shiny bums' from town.
The run down to Bairnsdale was uneventful and I headed to Eagle Point for the evening. The Silt Jetties, while impressive stretching almost 8km out into Lake king weren't very photogenic.

 While this trip has finished it isn't the end of this blog, I will be updating with a lot more trips as I trek about this great country. I have a few things to sort out here at home but plan to do at least one sneaky trip away to the mountains before school holidays gets unleashed on the country in a few weeks time. I also plan to spend a few days at Basin Flats near Licola mid January for the Mountain Cattlemens Annual Get Together. 
I have enjoyed the Camper and the versatility it gives, I tried a bit of off road stuff with it and found while it does limit where you can go, it certainly makes things a lot more comfortable when you get there. I much prefer driving down steep hills than up with the Camper on.It also only adds 1-1.5 litres per 100k to the diesel usage.
As I will be randomly going away over the next little while, why not 'subscribe by email' feature on the side so you wont miss out....
Bye for Now

No comments:

Post a Comment