Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 1 of the big one

Hello All
Today was day 1 of the big trip with no end date.
The plan is to head slowly over to South Australia, then up through Central Australia to Katherine in the NT. Restock in Katherine and head across the Savannah Way to Cairns. I still need to do a bit of repacking and fine tuning but all is ready (hopefully)
I have even named the Camper, so if you see me around say hello....


a home on the back and a slow pace
I have had a snorkel fitted by TJM Dandenong, to get the air intake up out of the dust. Martin the owner was very helpful.


TJM snorkel
I have also fitted a new pair of boots on the truck, after quite a bit of research I settled on BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain. 


BFG rugged terrain
The new tyres are a slightly different size but this brings me in line with the standard Hilux tyre size, which should help source spares in isolated areas. They are also Light Truck construction so should be a tougher tyre for the roads I travel and the weight I carry.

 
I will update when I have reception, so stay tuned........
Bye for now

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hope you have a great trip...be safe and keep in touch....

    ReplyDelete