Monday, March 10, 2014

Portland to Mt Gambier

Hello all
I decided that I wanted to get off the road for the long weekend, and also didn't want someone camped on top of me, so had 3 nights at Heywood Caravan Park relaxing.

Cape Nelson Lighthouse
the old and the new - Lightkeepers Cottage and wind generators
Cape Nelson
Now that all the stressed out people have gone back to the cities I headed to Mt Gambier, I was here a year ago and the lake is a lot Bluer than last trip.


Blue Lake
Blue lake
Blue Lake
After Blue Lake it was off to Cave Gardens, being a Public Holiday parking was easy as this sinkhole is right in the middle of Mt Gambier CBD.


Cave Gardens
Cave Gardens
Cave Gardens
I am staying at the Showgrounds tonight.Tomorrow I plan to head across to Beachport or Robe for a look around before spending a couple of days in the Coorong.

Bye for now...........

No comments:

Post a Comment