Sunday, March 23, 2014

Gawler to Port Augusta

Hello all,
Well, after tracking all over the place trying to escape the wind I have given up and will just try to live with it.





A leisurely run up through the Clare Valley, through the Wine Region was done. The thing I love about South Australia is the abundance of ruins and old stone buildings in picturesque settings. Although it saddens me to think that so many of these grand old building have been left to the elements.
For some reason I haven't been taking many photos, so I will try and rectify this.


From Port Pirie I had hoped to head into Mt Remarkable National Park but most of it was still closed since the bushfires earlier this year. Instead I headed up through Horrocks Pass tp Hancocks Lookout.
  
Hancocks Lookout
Hancocks Lookout
From Hancocks Lookout the views are magnificent across Spencer Gulf to The Eyre Peninsula. After doing some grocery shopping tomorrow, I plan to head towards the Eyre Peninsula, although I must admit I am not too keen of heading South. South means headwinds and cooler weather.

All around the York and Fleurieu Peninsula there were artificial Owls everywhere......every second house seemed to have one or two on balconies, verandas and so on, this puzzled me until I realised the owls kill other Birds.............Owl means no Bird Poo....

Fake Owls
 Also a quick report on the BFG Rugged Terrain tyres I fitted before leaving. initially the ride was a lot bouncier, but since upping the pressures a few PSI the issue has disappeared. With the old GT Radials which came standard on the ute, I used to nearly always drive in 4x4 on gravel roads, as the whole rig felt more stable and less "skatey", with the BFG's I haven't felt the need to do this. They are definately much better on gravel roads than the old tyres.
Bye for now........

No comments:

Post a Comment