Thursday, March 13, 2014

Robe to Wellington

Hello all
Before leaving Robe I decided to have a look at Little Dip Conservation Park, which turned out to be a bit of a non event.....not much to see unless you drive along the beaches, which I wasn't about to do with the camper on the back.

Robe Foreshore
Robe from Lookout
Robe is quite a pretty place but a bit too yuppy for my liking.


Robe
Leaving Robe I headed to Kingston SE, the home of the BIG lobster and the relocated Cape Jaffa Lighthouse.

The Big Lobster Kingston SE
Cape Jaffa Lighthouse

After Kingston SE it was off to The Coorong, I am sorry about all the photos in this bit but The Coorong is spectacular.......

The Coorong
The Coorong
The Coorong
Last night was spent at the Campground behind "The Heart of the Coorong Roadhouse" at Salt Creek, $13/night with showers and toilets. Parks SA have learnt off Parks Vic I think, the nearby Parks SA Campground was $13/night no showers and no toilets!


The Coorong
 The Princes Highway runs right along the edge of The Coorong, so access is good, with only short gravel access roads to lookouts.

The Coorong
Pelicans
The Coorong
I am not really a Seaside person, more a red dirt type of person, but I must admit this area is just beautiful.

The Coorong
A fuel up was required in Meningie on the shores of Lake Albert, and after a visit to the Bakery and a look around I headed out to Narrung.

Lake Albert Meningie
Lake Albert Meningie
On the way to Narrung I took a detour to Long Point Lookout.

more Pelicans
Long Point, The Coorong
Long Point
Long Point
The Narrung freecamp was beautiful, but I decided to push on to Wellington, as there was no phone reception there and I had all these photos up upload.

Narrung freecamp
Narrung Ferry
Tomorrow I plan to head towards the Fleurieu Peninsula for a few days, although the days have been nice, this morning at Salt Creek was 5C, the forecast is nice for the next few days then 18C, so I will see how the weather holds out.

Bye for now.....






No comments:

Post a Comment