Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Mt Gambier to Robe

Hello All
After a Quiet night at the Mt Gambier Showgrounds ($20/night powered site) I headed under stormy skies towards Robe.


I did a couple of detours on the way,stopping to check out Southend, a very sleepy little fishing town.
Southend Jetty
Southend
It has been reasonably warm day but threatening skies all day with a few showers and thunderstorms out to sea.

Beachport Jetty
The Beachport Jetty is the second longest in the state measuring 772 metres. Beachport is quite a scenic place, and I recommend taking a drive along the Bowman Scenic Drive.

Beachport Jetty
Bowman Scenic Drive
Bowman scenic Drive
Bowman Scenic Drive
bowman Scenic Drive
The Blowhole, Bowman Scenic Drive
looking towards Robe
From this point it is possible (4wd only) to drive the dunes and the beach all the way to Robe 30k away. Hopefully the skies clear a bit tomorrow as I plan to head out to Little Dip Conservation Park for a look around. The Tourist Information Bureau told me I should be OK with the Camper on but the road is corrugated. This should be good practice for the Savannah Way............
Bye for now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment