Saturday, March 29, 2014

Elliston to Tumby Bay

Hello all,
Leaving Elliston I headed towards Port Lincoln, with first stop Loch's Well.


The stairs down to the beach were fairly impressive.....

Loch's Well
Loch's Well
At Loch's Well I bumped into the couple from Bairnsdale, I camped beside at Victor Harbour. There wasn't a lot to be seen before the next stop, Coffin Bay. This is a pretty little place with a very sheltered Harbour.

Coffin Bay
Coffin Bay
With Reviews of the caravan park being knee deep in "roo poo" and the weather again looking threatening, I decided to push on to Port Lincoln.The weather blew over, so I headed to Surfleet Campground in Port Lincoln National Park. I set up the camper and headed across the campground to check out the beach. My attention was drawn by someone calling my name....yes directly across was the couple I camped beside at Port Wakefield.


Surfleet beach
Surfleet Beach
I decided to follow a road to see where it went and ended up at Sleaford Bay, to my amazement, right in front of me frolicking in the crystal clear waters, was a pod of Dolphins. I sat for probably 45 minutes watching them play in the surf until my camera battery went flat.

 
Dolphins

dolphins
Sleaford Bay
There was also some amazing sand dunes here, but unfortunately I couldn't play on then with the camper on, although it is allowed in SA.


Sleaford Dunes
 Port Lincoln was booked out tonight and as i needed a shower and a battery recharge I headed to Tumby Bay.
Bye for now.............

No comments:

Post a Comment